what will be our responsibility towards society and humans?
Responsible for Upholding Human Rights-
Under human rights treaties, we have the primary responsibility for protecting and promoting human rights. However, governments and organizations are not solely responsible for ensuring human rights.
This provision means that not only the government but also registered organizations, registered societies, businesses, civil society, and individuals are responsible for promoting, respecting, and protecting human rights.
We must not deprive people of a right or interfere with personals exercising their rights.
- Create constitutional guarantees of human rights.
- Provide ways for people who have suffered human rights violations by the government to seek legal remedies from domestic and international courts.
- Sign international human rights treaties.
We must prevent by law private actors from violating human rights or others.
- Prosecute perpetrators of human rights abuses, such as crimes of domestic violence.
- Educate people about human rights and the importance of respecting the human rights of others.
- Cooperate with the international community in preventing and prosecuting crimes against humanity and other violations.
We must take positive action by law to facilitate the enjoyment of basic human rights.
- Provide free, high-quality public education.
- Create a public defender system so that everyone has access to a lawyer.
- Ensure everyone has access to food by funding public assistance programs.
- Fund a public education campaign on the right to vote.